четверг, 19 марта 2015 г.

Rachel McPhee' essay about Russia

Growing up, I had heard all about the “typical” Russian stereotypes. That all Russians were championship gymnasts or ballerinas, and carved handmade nesting dolls in their free time. Even that Russia itself is a country in a state of year-round winter. However, I was always aware that these were just stereotypes, and I want to get past those and see who the real Russian people are. I had always thought that the Russian way of living seemed to simple and carefree. For a country that had seen many hard times, and has gone through many changes in the last hundred years, the people always seemed to be adventurous and hopeful. At the beginning of this school year, I met my neighbor and floor mate, Masha. We bonded quickly and I soon realized that while some of my beliefs about Russians and Russian culture was true, there was still a lot I didn’t know! For instance, there was a feeling in the back of my mind that Russians would not like me because I am an American. However, after meeting many wonderful Russians I soon realized that these people are accepting, non-judgmental, and full of warmth.


By Rachel McPhee, USA


Read other essays here 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий