суббота, 20 января 2018 г.

Volunteering is a way of life!

People who make your stay in Russia unforgettable


Do you know why students find learning Russian language in Petrozavodsk very comfortable and encouraging? Russian volunteers! It is basically a group of guys always ready to answer the questions, teach you Russian jokes and reveal the facts about stereotypes, take a walk with you and visit cool places and events here in Petrozavodsk. Long story short they are always here for you to support, communicate and help to find a way around. Back in 2003 when Enjoy Russian school was found we’ve got about 10 Russian volunteers, 15 years later we are happy and proud to have more than 50 of them!

A way to break the stereotypes about Russia and explore the parts of our planet

Here is an essay from our active, helpful and very dedicated volunteer Lilit:
“I always like meeting new people, discovering countries and of course helping people. I came to the school on May last year. We met foreign students for the first time. It was exciting. I was so inspired so I continue doing that. The summer 2017 I will remember for a long time. Whole summer we spent with Enjoy Russian and the foreign students. Let us remember the highlights of summer. There was a lesson of making Karelian pie "Калитки" for a group of foreigners and I was a translator. That was so interesting experience to get to know something new and help them to get closer to Russian culture.

Once students and volunteers went for barbeque. That was so funny day. We went there by bus where so much people were, it was so tight and we were falling on each other. We were playing volleyball on the beach. Our foreign guests even tried to swim in the lake, so crazy because the water was cold!   One day we went to the cafe, we were talking English and when I wanted to make order the waiter thought that I was a foreigner he said: "Can you speak Russian?" that was funny.
There were national dishes parties - where students and volunteers should make their national dish and that was delicious. To try real Belgian chocolate or Italian tiramisu what can be better? We went to new places in Karelia where even I have not been yet, we wanted to show everything to our guests. This was amazing summer with lots of new people. Foreign students really liked our city and they promised to come back.
Definitely, I kept on helping after summer. One day British students invited us to the English breakfast. We all know from the school about that and finally I had opportunity to try it first-hand.

I so grateful for that experience that gave many things. I met so much people all around the world and made good friends. I practiced my languages skills. Now I speak English every day, tried to speak French and that even made me start learning Italian.  It is such a great feeling to help someone, tried to break all the stereotypes about Russia and explore other parts of our planet. That also help to know our Karelia better. That was so inspiring experience I can say I would like to do something similar on my future job. Thank you Enjoy Russian! That is not the end, looking forward to the next adventure.”

Thank you Lilit! Hope you continue staying with us and meeting cool guys from all over the world! And if you want to get aquainted with our great volunteers feel free to join Enjoy Russian school! Choose a course here!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий