воскресенье, 14 января 2018 г.

Russian mentality&Russian hospitality

Susanne’s  Russian experience

In September 2018 Enjoy Russian School turns 15 years old!  Time to recall the year 2015! As always we met amazing Russian learners 3 years ago. We didn’t know though that we will meet some of them again. Susanne from Germany came to continue exploring the Russian culture in Petrozavodsk this summer and we were extremely happy to witness her progress in Russian. Today we give you an opportunity to look at Susanne’s experience in Petrozavodsk!

I am very fond of the Northern Russian mentality

"Coming to a completely new country is quite an adventure. I had no idea what to expect so I just came to Russia with an open curiosity and must say that my stay here was a positive experience in every way.
Not only was the language course at Enjoy Russian Language School perfectly organized and my Russian teacher both very professional and adorable at the same time but also the region and the country were a wonderful place to stay. Karelia’s breathtaking nature and its many treasures have profoundly impressed me and filled my mind with a certain natural harmony.
Finally getting to know Russian people was a lovely discovery and I must say that I am very fond of the Northern Russian mentality. People are very friendly, absolutely reliable, punctual, disciplined, interested and willing to learn, modest and humble. I have the impression that they cherish each other and respect their nature and they live in peace with it and each other.
Spending time together seems to be an important part of Russian culture and society and I very much appreciated the walks I took along the lake with young Russians and the sincere and interesting conversations and exchanges of ideas we had.
Russian hospitality has profoundly impressed me and I must say that Russians really put their heart into things. What a warm welcoming feeling to be their guest and friend! There’s definitely no better place than to share their home-grown vegetables at their datcha.
Never are Russian smiles fake and when they smile and laugh it comes from the heart. Their sense of humour is warm and fresh and never offending. Wise and witty, they sometimes make fun of their own situation – isn’t life so much more pleasant and hardships easier to take with a mixture of common sense and a good sense of humour? Come to Russia and learn everything about it!"
Susanne de Jonghe, Germany, September 2015

Do you want to compare your own expressions with the ones above? Come and join our school! Choose a course here

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий